This past year has been so great for me & all I can wish is that this new year only gets better! I wanted to post a few of my favorite things that happened this year both in my day to day life & in the nail art world.
|Me & my Hubby on court after the Rockets game|
- The paying off of all our debt, except for the mortgage, thanks to the teachings of Dave Ramsey
- A new addition to our furry family, Figaro!
- My Vikings making it to the playoffs....YAY!!!
- A trip to see my relatives in Minnesota that I hadn't seen in years!
- My hubby & I losing 25 & 15 lbs. respectively.
- And last, but not least, 2012 brought the birth of my niece & nephew. They were born to my twin sisters only 13 days apart, how cool is that!?
|For funsies, here's a picture of the twins when they were 3, L-R: Tammy & Julia|
|Tammy's boy, Leonardo Drake Antony, Dec 11 2012|
|Julia's girl Natalia Robyn, Dec 24 2012|
My year in nails. The following are some of my favorite things concerning my nail art journey this last year:
- Well first off, this year I started my blog, yay, on Feb 7th! I now have 44 followers, Thanks guys!
- Entered my first contest , Feb 27th, making a design using just the dotting tool.
- Learned some new techniques like newspaper & clouds
- Won a couple awards: Appreciation & Liebster
- Tried some nail wraps
- Hosted a couple movie/nail nights here & here
- Purchased my first Butter London polishes
- But most exciting of all, I was featured in Seventeen magazine for my Christmas Cardinal design!!!
The following are my top 12 favorite nail designs of 2012:
|#12 Mom's English Roses|
|#11 Spring Daisies|
|#9 Gold Filigree|
|#8 Summer Lovin'|
|#7 Antique Floral on Newspaper|
|#6 The Big Blue waves|
|#5 Little Mermaid|
|#4 Vintage Lace|
|#3 Steven Tyler|
|#2 Christmas Candle|
Hopes for the new year:
- Have 6 months worth of savings put away
- Sell our boat (anybody looking?)
- Continue losing weight
- Remodel home
- Have a BABY!
I hope you enjoyed my favorite things, here's to many more days filled with favorites! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I will leave you with a lovely poem I found by Edgar Guest:
A happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year.