Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Fun Challenge, Day 2: Summer Lovin'

For day 2 of the Summer Fun Challenge, we are to show off our "lovey dovey" design, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I had seen this super cute valentines design by Copythatcopycat, it's so adorable. Nothing says summer like yellow & nothing could be more lovey dovey than a couple of sweet kissy birds!

For the base color I used my favorite yellow cream from China Glaze called Lemon Fizz. I then used various blue & pink acrylic paints to make my lovey dovey birdies.

Summer Fun Challenge, Day 2 "Summer Lovin' ", my Lovey Dovey bird design:















12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks! I've been dying to do this for awhile, it's perfect for this challenge.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aren't they? I'm glad I could do it & actually fit them on my little fingers. lol!

      Delete
  3. super adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they made me smile so much, I had to paint them! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. oh the birds are adorable. i wish i had the talent to do that. mine would be blobs. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! I wish I could claim the whole idea as my own, but I copied it verbatim from copythatcopycat blog. It takes a while to get better at painting such tiny little canvases, my advice: Don't drink coffee before you paint, lol! Keep trying, you never know what talent might creep up on you.

      Delete
  5. I just nominated you for an appreciation award on my blog! :) I love this manicure too, you got skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you! This is definitely a favorite of mine as well & one I've been wanting to do for awhile!

      Delete