Monday, June 4, 2012

Girly-Girl Challenge Day 2: Gimme that Bling!

Day 2 of the Girly-Girl challenge: "Gimme that Bling". In the description it says, " Diamonds are a girls best friend, so put some bling on those nails". Immediately I had Marilyn Monroe stuck in my head with her singing that famous song, so why not honor the queen of girly-girl glam & make the nail design all about Marilyn.

Here are some of the pictures where I got my inspiration...










After applying Sache Vite, ridge filling base coat, I did a couple different designs to capture everything girly & glamorous about Marilyn in the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blonds. Red Carpet from Sally Hansen  & a pearl from Zoya called Angella were used as my background colors. I then added some pink curves over the red base using Spoiled nail polish called Fuzzy Dice to look like Marilyn's lovely hourglass shape, I also used a silver acrylic paint for some outline dots. A whole lot of glitter is what went on my ring fingers, I used a silver glitter, a pink one & a white one over the pearl base, to look like the sparkle of diamonds. For the thumb I cut up a very small picture of the lovely Marilyn herself to size &, using just some regular white glue, placed the cut picture on my nail & held it there for about a minute pressing it down so it would stick. I then topped with Sache Vite top coat & viola! I still have to see if the picture will actually stay on & for how long, I'm especially concerned about showers, lol. I will let you know how that goes, but I really just wanted a picture of Marilyn & i'm too busy to paint it & didn't want to wait to search for an actual sticker, so I just used paper :-)


So without further ado, here is my girly-girl "BLING" design:





These first 2 show the best view of the design


Then I got a little creative with picasa & made a couple artsy versions...



Comic Book style

Cinema Scope



















No comments:

Post a Comment