Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Girly-Girl Challenge Day 6: Who inspires You?

For day 6 of the Girly-Girl Challenge you must create a design in honor of the person who inspires you the most. Well that's pretty straight forward for most ladies to choose their Mom & I have to go along with that. My mother was everything to my sisters & I, she had 7 daughters & we all love her so very much. She taught us everything a woman should know, even if some of the things didn't quite stick, it was her goal to turn us into great women one day. She could sew, crochet, draw, sing, do arts & crafts, but most of all she was a fantastic cook. Sadly, my mother got sick with brain cancer when I was about 15 or 16. She fought so very hard & went through 2 major operations & chemotherapy, but after 2 years of fighting she lost the battle & left this life while at home surrounded by family, she was 42 years old. It was the hardest thing my sisters & I have ever had to endure & a pain so deep it never really goes away. But we carry on knowing that she would want us to be happy in life & not pine over losing her. We try our best to find peace in our hearts & joy in our memories.

I have done other nail art in honor of Mom, like this design called "Mom's English Roses", she really did love roses. I found this lovely design created by Simply Rins that was just perfect, since she has a much more steady hand than I do, her rosebuds are way better than mine but I think they turned out alight.

Here are a few pictures of life with Mom:


My Inspiration. Mom, at about 37 years old, about 2 or 3 years before being diagnosed. 


This was taken in Portugal, I'm the one on her lap, I'm about 1 1/2.

This was the last time we took a picture together as a family.
 I'm the one in the back at the far left with my eyes closed, lol.

Mom doing what she did best, baking, I'm the one on the far right that is actually doing something besides drawing or eating, lol.

Christmas '84, I'm at the far right holding little sister Tina on my lap.


So here it is, my Girly-Girl day 6 design inspired by Mom:













1 comment:

  1. I like your idea in putting beads on your nails. The metallic nails with beads really looks great and awesome. Great job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete