Girlonashoestring nominated me for a Liebster Award, thanks luv! See her post here. This award is given to bloggers like me who have less than 200 followers. With great things come great responsibilities...so here are the rules for the award:
11 Facts about me:
1. I am # 3 in a family of 15
2. I am a citizen of the US, born in Italy. I've lived in Portugal, Spain & Ireland before moving to Brasil & living there for over 15 years so I speak fluent Portuguese & some Spanish.
3. I was 25 before I learned to drive. Nobody drives cars in Brasil, we all take the bus.
4. Every time I buy something new, I get rid of something old. A habit I formed because we moved around so much growing up, I always had to fit everything I owned in one suitcase.
5. I don't care much for chocolate, but I will eat the hell out of some fresh baguettes.
6. I will use my last dime to feed my pets before buying food for myself.
7. I love doing laundry, I like everything about it, from separating the clothes to folding & putting away.
8. I'll pick a Superhero or SyFy movie over a romantic comedy any day.
9. I am a sucker for anything that has Cary Grant or Audrey Hepburn in it.
10. I've been told I look like Rita Hayworth & act like Jim Carey.
11. Like girlonashoestring, I am obsessed with all things steam-punk.
11 questions from Girlonashoestring:
1. Why do you blog about your chosen subject matter?
I find nail art to be a wonderful way to show ones individuality & I like sharing my inspiration & creativity. I also like to encourage women that it's ok to be a girly girl sometimes & try out something that they might not normally do & nail art is a really fun way to do that!
2. What got you started on that subject?
I am a reformed nail biter. It started out as a way to help me stop biting my nails, after trying many other tactics to stop the nail biting I came up with the brilliant idea that if I took the time to paint a canvas on my nails I wouldn't want to mess it up. It worked, I now had a new found obsession with painting art on my fingers that I completely forgot about biting my nails all together:-)
3. What is your favorite part about what you do?
Being able to share information I have learned about getting healthier natural nails. I don't know a single woman who doesn't want to have pretty nails & in my travels with this hobby I have found out a lot of valuable information on how to make that happen. I also love seeing the smiles on their faces when I paint their nails & they get to show it off.
4. What historical event are you sorry you missed/weren't alive to see?
Opening night for the first Star Wars movie. It opened on May 25th, 12 days after I was born, so I couldn't make it, lol! Being a super nerd, I am a regular 12:01am/stand in line for hours movie goer & it kills me that I missed that epic event.
5. Where would you most like to visit?
Holland. I am of Dutch descent & would love to see my "homeland", maybe check out some history of my fathers name, oh, & enjoy what Amsterdam has to offer!
6. It's the zombie Apocalypse. Where do you go for shelter?
Underground bomb shelter.
7. Digital or analog? Why?
Digital? It seems to do the job.
8. What other hobbies do you have?
Crochet, sketching, scrap-booking, guitar, reading.
9. Early bird or night owl? Any reason why?
Night owl! I am absolute evil in the morning, it doesn't matter if I've slept 5 or 10 hrs. the result is the same. I don't really know the reason why & my ultimate goal is to change that, but to this day I have yet succeed. I don't think it's genetic because I have a couple sisters who are super perky in the morning & love getting up before sunrise. I guess I just really like my tempur-pedic mattress, my husbands lovey dovey morning mood & the multiple pets snuggling up to me so much it makes me sad when I have to leave, hehe.
10. What piece of advice would you give your twelve-year-old self? (limited to 1 sentence)
You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it, don't be scared to try, I was in my late 20's with fully formed confidence issues before getting this advice.
11. What book/movie/tv show had the greatest impact on you as a child?
Mom read "Secret Garden" to us every night before bed, it took about a month. The idea of having a key that unlocks a secret place was so fascinating to me. Along the same lines "Lion, Witch & the Wardrobe", another secret place that unlocked a secret world. WONDERFUL!!! I like to believe in fantasies, it keeps me young & hopeful!
1. Rise & Shine Beauty
2. Beauty Ninja
3. Celebrity Skin
5. Lacquer Buzz
6. Lucky Love Nails
7. Nailart by Iris
9. Pinpoint polish
10. Queen of the polish
11 questions for my 11 Nominees:
1. Describe yourself in a single sentence.
2. Which color best describes you or stands for your personality?
3. Do you like black and white movies? Why or why not?
4. If you were a character on a tv show, which one would you be?
5. If you could pick a book you’ve read to make into a movie, which one would you choose?
6. What one thing are you most proud of?
7. Who influenced you most when you were a child?
8. What person in history would you most like to meet?
9. What is the most daring or dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
10. You can have one of the following two things: trust/love, which do you choose?
11. What is your favorite Movie line?
Have a lovely day everyone!