Friday, September 21, 2012

LDTTWC day 4: Lights, camera, action!



I think I was the most excited about this day, day #4 of the Time Warp Challenge created by Lindsey, cause we get to do a design based on a nostalgic movie, song or literature. Most everybody knows I am a huge movie buff, I love everything from old B&W films to SyFy & Comicbook, romance & chick flicks to action & comedy. I have done several mani's that were movie based; Avengers, Batman, Serenity & one of my all time favorites Little Women. There are just too many fabulous movies to choose from, I almost picked "The Scarlet Pimpernel" for my movie choice or I was going to go with "Secret Garden" for literature, both extremely dear to my heart for various reasons. But I already knew what I wanted to do before even thinking of it...TITANIC! I know by doing this Mani I am risking going up against some other girls in this challenge who will think of this as well, but I really had no choice. I simply love the story, the way it's told, the era, the actors, everything about it just touches me in the most beautiful way & I had to give my interpretation.

Inspiration #1

Inspiration #2




I drew my inspiration from the ship & the lovely blue sapphire necklace, "heart of the ocean", worn by Rose in one of the most intimate & romantic scenes ever filmed. I used Wet n Wild Blue Moon for the three fingers with no art on them. I did a lovely nude, also from Wet n Wild called Private Viewing, which I thought was perfect for Rose's flawless skin & the "private viewing" Jack was having, hmmm. I then used various acrylic paints to do my designs. Here are a few pictures:




I wanted to zoom in really good so you can see the detail, sorry if it looks a little crappy.


This one got a romantic soft tone to it.









10 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I almost did Titanic to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really wanted to do Kate & Leo up on the front of the boat, but my fingers are just too small for all that. I always have to tell myself "simplify, simplify", lol! I love your Gone with the Wind!

      Delete
  2. Cool, classic movie!! Now that song is in my head!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been singing that song for 2 days now since I did this mani, lol! But yeah, I love this movie, cry every time & my hubby just shakes his head.

      Delete
  3. It's so pretty!!! And I did Titanic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I just love how your boat came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish I coulda put Jack & Rose up there, but my fingers are too small.

      Delete