Monday, April 15, 2013

Where in the World Challenge: Finland



#16 FINLAND: I gotta say, I struggled with this one a bit, Googled my butt off trying to find some inspiration. First I was thinking I'd do something related to the landscape, but all the pictures I pulled up were pretty much snowy, which is quite lovely but doesn't really give much to work with except white & blue...oh hey, I guess that's why the flag is white & blue, interesting! But no, I wanted something a little more colorful, so I started looking for famous Finnish artist & found Lauri AhlgrĂ©n who is a graphic artist/painter famous for colorful abstract lithographs. You can find some of his art here & a little bit about him on this blog (it's in Finnish but you can translate) Anyhow, I found his art to be very inspirational & picked one to design my nails after.


Inspiration: "Lady of Rank"

I used Zoya Blu, China Glaze For Audrey, OPI My Boyfriend scales walls & CND Anchor Blue as my base   colors & acrylic paint for the stripes.





No comments:

Post a Comment