Friday, September 27, 2013

31DC2013 Day 27: Inspired by Artwork

My artwork choice today is one painted by the very talented artist Leonid Afremov called "Late Stroll". I love how he layers paint on top of paint in multi color swipes creating a unique visual effect.  

Source


So, I commence what I think is going to be a very liberating painting experience in which I will be able to throw colors around in reckless abandonment & create something gorgeous! Well, after "swooshing" several layers I realize the paint wasn't really coming out as planned & I had to add quite a few layers to capture the depth I was looking for. It was somewhat frustrating that I couldn't get it just exactly as I wanted, but overall a very enjoyable experience. Having gone through all that makes me appreciate even more the great talent that is Leonid Afremov.

Without further ado, here are my very artsy nails:



No comments:

Post a Comment